Sunday, October 7, 2012

Taken 2 Review

     Why can't we be friends?-Liam Neeson has to kill yet again-this time a vengeful father in Taken 2
                      Where do I begin? Taken 2 is an absolutely horrible film. It is also the most split I have ever been on a film in my life. This is due to the fact that not only is it horrific but it is also frighteningly entertaining. The film makes so many errors, is so stupid and predictable and yet keeps a certain charm throughout the entire ninety minutes.

                        Liam Neeson returns as Bryan Mills who had to retrieve his daughter, Kim (Maggie Grace) in the first film. This time-Bryan, Kim and Lenore (Famke Janssen) go to Istanbul for a family vacation. It is here that Lenore is kidnapped and Bryan must fight off the father of one of the men he killed in the last film.

                        I thought this was going to be an ideal plot for a sequel. While I can say it is better than most plots of sequels I have seen-I cannot say that the film felt any different from the first. Liam Neeson, who is usually a reliable actor tries to act with a bad script and kills some people. This is what happens in both the first and second film. The difference with these two films, however is that I can recommend the first as just a dumb, fun action film. I can do this because it is not completely awful. This one is so awful that I cannot recommend it despite its charms.
\
                          Taken 2 is more of the same old same old that was in the first film. However...if Tim Burton is not a director you like and you just want to have fun this weekend go see Taken 2. That is assuming you leave your brain at the door and do not expect anything good from it.
(2 and 1/2 out of 5 Stars, The film is rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action and some sensuality)

No comments:

Post a Comment