Friday, September 13, 2013

Riddick Review

The dark night----Vin Diesel returns as a man who can see in the dark being hunted down by mercenaries in Riddick
                                        Perhaps I'm not the right person to review this film. I really didn't like The Chronicles Of Riddick or Pitch Black so maybe this just wasn't for me. Still---my opinion on this film needs to be heard. Riddick might be the single worst film I have ever seen. Like I said...I didn't really like the previous two films but I didn't despise them, either. At least those films had a thin excuse for a story. In the newest reboot---there is no story, theme, idea or anything being put up on screen. I'll lay the film out for you right here to save you 10 bucks. First 30 minutes or so---Riddick (Vin Diesel) walks around and occasionally blandly kills something. Next hour-----bounty hunters who have come to kill Riddick stand around and spew the worst dialogue this side of The Room. Last 30 minutes----boring action that should have happened earlier takes place. There....I just saved you 10 bucks as well as two hours of your life.

                                        The film has something to do with some bounty hunters or something. Honestly----I was so incredibly bored by the time this film actually showed any hints of a story that I didn't even try to find a story when it *kind of* appeared. The film is completely hideous in every way possible. The action set pieces are so obviously green screened and look even more painted on than anything. Having seen this on an IMAX sized screen....I legitimately walked out of the theater with my eyes stinging. Vin Diesel has always been quite the charming actor to me. However, he obviously doesn't care here. At least he was having fun in Furious 6. Here...he knows how pointless it is for this film to exist.

                                         I can't write a review of this film, however, without mentioning the performance of Jordi Molla...an actor who has been in other films and has never really become a well known name, either. In this film....Molla is so unbelievably bad that his performance stands out as by far the worst of the year. As with the rest of the film...his performance is all the more frustrating because it's bad without reaching so bad it's good or fun level.

                                         Absolutely nothing works in this film. NOTHING!!!!!!!!!! It's a completely incomprehensible, despicable mess. Riddick is by far the worst film of the year and this is the year where such duds as A Haunted House, Scary Movie 5 and After Earth have come out.
(0 out of 5 Stars, The film is rated R for strong violence, language and some sexual content/nudity)

No comments:

Post a Comment