Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sound Of My Voice Review


                         As with Cabin In The Woods, I choose not to talk about the plot at all as it will let you have more fun. I will say, however, that Sound Of My Voice is by far my favorite film of 2012 so far. Yes..it is even more brilliant than Cabin In The Woods. The film is well acted, well directed, and completely engrossing. The film takes you to places that you never expect. In fact, the twist ending will practically make you faint from surprise.

                       Christopher Denham, Brit Marling, and Nicole Vicius are all phenomenal here as the three main characters, and if you have not seen the trailer yet..keep it that way. The trailer tells you all about the plot, and while there's more to it than meets the eye...you should still go in not knowing anything. The film can not be discussed without talking about the killer performance from Brit Marling. I did not like Another Earth, Marling and crew's previous effort. In fact, I found Marling pretty annoying in that film. Marling is fantastic here. She gives a creepy and thoroughly convincing performance. Between Marling, Denham, and Vicius, I thought I was watching real people.

                       Unlike Another Earth, this film has a realistic plot and amazing execution. Another Earth was bland in its execution and gave us a dumb plot. Another Earth also gave us a blunt and obvious ending. Sound Of My Voice has a thought provoking and smart ending. The ending does not tell us exactly what happened or why what we saw happen happened, but it is all the more great for that. You, as with I, will be thinking about this ending for weeks to come. The film also gives its audience many uncomfortable scenes without making us cringe. By this I mean that we are disturbed by the stuff that goes on in this film, but we are so engrossed that we forget that the stuff happening in despicable. Sound Of My Voice is an amazing film. All other films this year pale in comparison. Yes...even Cabin In The Woods has nothing on this gem.
(5 out of 5 Stars, The film is rated R for language including some sexual references and brief drug use)

No comments:

Post a Comment