Sunday, January 22, 2012

Haywire Review


Haywire stars MMA fighter Gina Carano as a spy who's been betrayed by her organization. Haywire is also directed by Steven Soderbergh, the brilliant mind behind such films as The Limey, Out Of Sight, Traffic, ETC. Soderbergh is also the not so brilliant mind behind Ocean's Twelve, Full Frontal, The Girlfriend Experience, ETC. However, Haywire is one of Soderbergh's best films to date. With a premise so riddled with cliches, I was expecting to not like this film very much at all. Maybe it's because I had such low expectations that I ended up really enjoying the film. With some of the best action scenes I've seen in years and a surprisingly complex and building plot, I thoroughly enjoyed Haywire. It's only the beginning of January, and I have already found a great film. Haywire is funny, smart, and overall, just a cool movie. Also, all the performances, from Michael Douglas to Channing Tatum to Ewan McGregor are great. I feel obliged to mention as well that Carano, in her first starring role ever, is exquisite. Without a doubt, Haywire should be seen by anyone who loves action movies or a good mystery.


No comments:

Post a Comment