Monday, February 20, 2012

This Means War Review


When I first saw the trailer for This Means War, I was excited about the fact that it was going to be a cool action film. The trailer then turns into a romantic comedy in which two men compete for the affection of one woman. Still, I thought it could be decent. Well, I am here to tell you that even though it's the middle of February...I have found what should stand, for at least a couple months, if not for the rest of the year,as the worst film of the year. The decent premise ends up being made into a film that lacks any humor or heart. Then again..who can be surprised? This is directed by McG, the director of such crap as Charlies Angels 1 & 2 and Terminator Salvation. None of the three stars have any chemistry whatsoever. Chris Pine has no chemistry with Tom Hardy, and neither have any chemistry with Reese Witherspoon. Also, the film doesn't even get the ball rolling until about 45 minutes in. On top of all the bad things I am saying about this film..I haven't even gotten to the tip of the iceberg. By far the worst thing about this film is Chelsea Handler, whose obnoxious antics on her awful E! show don't even begin to compare with her character in this film. She brings all the raunchiness in this film, and not in a good way. Every word that comes out of Handler's mouth made me more and more mad until I couldn't take it anymore. Fortunately, she's not in that much...so I made it all the way through the film. This Means War has no redeeming qualities and no likable characters...save your money and spend it on something useful, like dental work.

No comments:

Post a Comment