Saturday, December 10, 2011

Arthur Christmas Movie Review



I'm a sucker for Christmas movies. I take that back..I'm an extreme sucker for Christmas movies. They're actually my favorite type of film..whether it be a horror Christmas film, a drama Christmas film, or a comedy Christmas film, I love them. I also loved the premise of Arthur Christmas..taking the Santa's doing all the work premise and lying it flat on its face. See, in Arthur Christmas, Santa sits back while all the elves do the work. However, Arthur Christmas is an incredibly dull film. I feel, as this is a family Christmas film, that I will be in the minority here. With the Christmas season starting to be in full swing, I wanted to feel in the spirit while watching this film,and I just didn't. The film follows Santa's son, Arthur and his journey to get a little girl named Gwen her present. However, to me, nothing much in this film happens. It's a one note film that never picks up speed. Here's the film in one scenario: a back and forth between Arthur & his grandpa, Grandsanta, and an elf named Bryony trying to deliver Gwen's present and Arthur's brother, Steve trying to become the next Santa. These two things happen, over and over, but nothing else happens. The first two minutes of this film admittedly had me laughing, but the film stops at a dead end in the third minute. Also, when I'm shelling out four extra dollars for 3D, you better believe I want some good effects. With that in mind, this film was in 3D, and as I watched it in 3D, I not only got no 3D effects, but it actually hurt my eyes. Arthur Christmas is not a completely horrible film, it's just a sitting duck of a film. If you want to get into the Christmas spirit, stay at home, sit on your couch, and watch The Santa Clause, Elf, It's A Wonderful Life, ETC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment