Friday, December 9, 2011

My Week With Marilyn Movie Review



My Week With Marilyn is based on the life story of Colin Clark, this time played by Eddie Redmayne and  his week  with who else but Marilyn Monroe.  Marilyn Monroe is played by Michelle Williams, one of the better modern day actresses. Is it coincidental that one of the best actress of modern day is playing one of, if not the best actress of olden day? Well, I guess it ain't one after all. It isn't one because you need someone great to play someone great. With this in mind, Williams is phenomenal here, as is the rest of the cast. Kenneth Branagh plays Laurence Olivier (yes, that Laurence Olivier.) Branagh is absolutely hilarious here but also gives one of the most accurate performances in years. Dominic Cooper, who had one of my favorite roles this year as a terrorist and the guy pretending to be his twin in The Devil's Double is pretty great here, as well. Now, back to Williams. Williams here portrays Monroe with such realism and emotion as to give the audience complete sympathy for the character. Also, Eddie Redmayne isn't bad here. Sure, he's not as good as the other three people mentioned here, but he's pretty good in the role. My Week With Marilyn is also very entertaining and witty, much to my surprise. Basically, what I'm trying to say here is go see My Week With Marilyn because you might just come out of the theater as surprised as I was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment