Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Mirror Mirror Review


                                Mirror Mirror is a sweet film in the worst way possible. Upon watching it, I got the taste of syrup in my mouth. This was not due to anything I was eating. In fact, I never eat in a theater. It was due to the fact that the film was so gooey and icky that I could hardly stand it. In last year's Abduction, Lily Collins failed to impress me with her bland acting (not to mention her abnormally large eyebrows.) In Mirror Mirror, Collins once again gives a bland performance that would be worthy of a Razzie if it weren't so insignificant.

                              In the film, Collins plays Snow White, while Julia Roberts plays The Evil Queen who took over the palace and intends to keep it that way. The main problem I had with this film is that neither Collins nor Roberts are all that attractive. Collins and Roberts play characters who are supposed to think that they are the most attractive in their land. Considering we rarely see any other women, this may be true. The fact that they would be considered attractive in any other part of the world is a question that leaves a simple answer-no.

                            The other big sin of this film is that it's just boring. Nothing exciting happens with these characters, and as a fan of the tale of Snow White, I feel something more should have happened. The film, on top of all this, is not funny at all. While the film is advertised as a comedy, I didn't laugh once. I suppose I was mildly amused by the antics of the little people, most off all Grimm (Danny Woodburn), but I didn't even laugh at them. Nathan Lane and Armie Hammer play supporting characters and are not charming nor funny in the slightest.

                           Why would you go see Mirror Mirror? I guess if you're a very little kid or have very little kids, you will want to see it. Otherwise, there's nothing here for you.
(1 Star out of 5, The film is rates PG for some fantasy action and mild rude humor)

No comments:

Post a Comment