Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Wrath Of The Titans Review


                         Just when I thought John Carter was definitely going to get the worst film of 2012 award come December..Wrath of the Titans had to come out. Well, as a very famous man said...'fool me once shame on you..fool me twice shame on me." As someone who absolutely despised the first remake of Clash of the Titans, I have no idea why this film even exists. However, it looked better than the first one just from the trailers alone. It's actually worst than the fist one.

                       Sam Worthington returns as the incredibly unlikable and dull Perseus. He is now fighting Hades (Ralph Fiennes) who has captured his father, Zeus (Liam Neeson.) All three of these actors are incredibly good actors when they want to be. Neeson and Fiennes seem to be giving it the old college try but not succeeding while Worthington screws around giving us nothing to root for. All the actors here are terrible. Even Bill Nighy and Danny Huston get roles and manage to screw it up. The acting is not the worst part, however. The worst part of the film is that absolutely nothing happens. I'm not just saying nothing we care about happens..I'm saying nothing happens.

                      Also, the 3D is just as bad as the first one. The first film made everyone wonder if 3D's even worth the extra money, and this one will put that question to order again. As well, the i Max, presented on a gargantuan screen is nothing more than a cash grab for this film. If we live in a world where John Carter and Wrath of the Titans come out within two weeks of each other...I'm not sure if I want to live in this world. It's a sad day for film when 3D is used just as a cash grab. I remember when something came out in 3D and it meant something. Now A Days, everything comes out in 3D and it's all awful. The point being Wrath of the Titans is awful, despicable, and quite possibly one of the worst films I've ever seen in my life. With no cool visual effects to back it up, a dumb story, and horrific acting...just save your money on something better like a trip to the dentist.
(0 out of 5 Stars, The film is rated PG-13 for intense sequences of fantasy violence and action)

No comments:

Post a Comment