Monday, July 16, 2012

Ice Age Continental Drift Review

                         No mammoth is an island-the old gang is back in Ice Age Continental Drift
                            Over the years..there have been four Ice Age films. Let me tell you about these films-they're not bad. I sat through all four and I was not even close to walking out of any of them. However..now with Pixar and Dreamworks...you have to give adults something more than watchable films. Sure...kids will enjoy this film...really really dumb little kids. I'm talking kids five and under will enjoy it. Otherwise...there is no reason for people to go see this.

                           The film follows the old gang...Diego (Denis Leary), Sid (John Leguizamo) and Manny (Ray Romano). They get split away (so to say) from their family except Sid's granny (Wanda Sykes). This time...the crew is stuck in the middle of a war with the evil Captain Gutt (Peter Dinklage). In their defense...all of the actors here do great voice work. Why wouldn't they? They're excellent actors. They bring the film to life as does the beautiful looking animation. Dinklage especially makes his characters (as Family Guy's Stewie would call it) "deliciously evil." Sure..Gutt is no Charles Muntz from Up but it's an Ice Age film.

                           This is what I'm talking about...when you have Up, the Toy Story Films, and other classic animation such as Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King available on home video...why pay $13 a piece for a 3D movie that you-as parents won't even enjoy. Sure...there's nothing like the big screen but you'd be safer popping your little ones in front of a TV screen. I keep saying you because the only people that will most likely enjoy the newest Ice Age outing won't be interested in what I'm saying because they're going to enjoy it regardless. Also..not to mention that some of Ice Age's audience can't even read yet. It's not bad for its target audience but I am talking to the parents here..the ones who will really have to suffer. I am not a parent but I am not a little kid either and I did not care for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment