Sunday, December 30, 2012

Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 Review

Vamped out-Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart return as Edward and Bella in Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2
                     I am so indescribably happy. As a film critic and a guy who goes to every movie out there....I am excitedly reporting that I will never have to see another Twilight film again. These two hour soap operas disguised as vampire films have wasted hours upon hours of my life but it is no more. As well---I am glad to report that Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 is not the worst you can do watching a movie. This year---we have had Savages, Rock Of Ages and the god awful remake of Total Recall to name a few so this film will actually not be making my top ten worst list.

                     Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart return as Edward and Bella...still married and still horrible actors. Taylor Lautner is continuing to have no real emotion on his face as Jacob and now they all must fight together to go up against the evil Volturi led by the insane Aro (Michael Sheen.) Sheen's performance is actually pretty good. Sure...he's completely over the top and ridiculous but he's obviously having fun doing this role and he gives it his all. The always reliable Lee Pace plays a Nomad named Garrett and is thoroughly intriguing in his role.

                    This film does not gives us anything particularly great. In fact...I grew weary long before it was over. However...there is a cool final action sequence and the film is not as dreadfully one note as the previous films have been. It's never too unbearable and it does give us some decent scenes between Edward and Bella as long as other characters. In fact...I admittedly kind of liked how they wrapped up the Twilight saga. It was a good way to give the audience a "see ya" without going too sappy or boring.

                 I can not say anything really works here but it does provide more entertainment value than all the previous films combined.  Sure---I'm still happy this series is over and I can't recommend this film at all but it did have a few individual things I enjoyed and that's enough for me.
(2 out of 5 Stars, The film is rated PG-13 for sequences of violence including disturbing images, some sensuality and partial nudity)

                         

No comments:

Post a Comment