Saturday, June 9, 2012

Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted Review


                         I will admit that I did not like the first 2 Madagascar films. I thought they were stupid, pointless, and childish. This is why upon going into Madagascar 3..I was a bit skeptical. Who wouldn't be? Even people who liked the first two admitted to me that the series was running a little thin. However, this is the best one yet. I do not mean this in a condescending way, but rather I mean this in that it is a very good film.

                       The film follows Alex the Lion, Marty the Zebra, Melman the Giraffe and Gloria the Hippo as they go to Monte Carlo to look for the penguins. This time, though they get caught in the middle of a chase with Chantel DuBois..an animal poacher and cop. Now..they must join the circus in order to get back to New York City without getting caught. What I really liked about this film in particular was that..unlike the last 2 Madagascar films..this one was clever. The humor was extremely clever and well set up especially in a scene involving an arrest. Also, the movie is very touching. I know it's a film about cartoon animals, but I somehow felt for these characters...especially towards the end.

                    Chantel makes a great addition to the team as well. She is over the top, but not so over the top that it becomes annoying. Rather, she's funny over the top because her characters points out all the flaws of trying to create a wacky character/

                   Madagascar 3 just goes to show you that movies can change in an instance. Everyone in this film gets their moment to be funny, and the film also has moments where you feel for the characters. I am not saying this is a perfect film...but it's the best thing you're probably going to get from 
Madagascar. 
(4 out of 5 Stars, The film is rated PG for some mild action and rude humor) 

No comments:

Post a Comment